The WJMA AM RCA BTA 1R transmitter. It was installed in 1960 when WJMA moved to Spicers Mill Road and increased daytime power to 1000 watts. Power was still reduced to 250 at sunset until sometime in the late 1970s when 1000 watts was used day and night.
The transmitter has been retired although it remains ready as a standby.
photo by Ross Hunter