This is a 2003 picture of the old WJMA master control room after it was gutted as part of the renovation of the WJMA building.
The WJMA FM (96.7) transmitter is behind the left door. On the right is the WJMA AM RCA BTA 1R transmitter. It was installed in 1960 when WJMA moved to Spicers Mill Road and increased daytime power to 1000 watts. Power was still reduced to 250 at sunset until sometime in the late 1970s when 1000 watts was used day and night.
Both transmitters have been retired, although the RCA remains as a standby. The wall separating the studio from the transmitters is now glass with sliding doors for access. The Variac at the top right and meter below it are gone.
photo by Ross Hunter